Have you read IAML’s aims and objectives recently? Refresh yourself now.
Principal aims of IAML are:
- To encourage and promote the activities of libraries, archives and documentation centres concerned with music and music materials, to strengthen cooperation among institutions and individuals working in these fields and to publish information concerning their work.
- To promote a better understanding of the cultural importance of music libraries, archives and documentation centres both nationally and internationally.
- To support and facilitate the realization of projects in music bibliography, music documentation and music library science at national and international levels.
- To promote the availability of all publications and documents relating to music, including particularly to encourage international exchange and lending.
- To encourage and support the development of standards in all areas that concern the Association.
- To promote the availability of suitable professional education and training.
- To further the bibliographical control of music materials of all kinds.
- To support the protection and preservation of musical documents of all periods.
- To cooperate with other organizations in the fields of librarianship, bibliography, archival science, documentation, music and musicology.
- To arrange an annual international congress of its members.
- To publish an official journal dealing with all matters of professional interest.