Canberra Conference 2017
September 28 - September 29
IAML Conference 2017 – Creating, collecting and curating in context
When: 28th – 29th September 2017
Where: National Library of Australia, Canberra.
Program now available – IAML Australia Canberra 2017 program – pdf – updated 14/7/2017
Registrations now open!
Register for the Canberra conference via our Eventbrite site. Remember to book your accommodation early as the conference is on at the same time as Floriade.
Travel bursaries are available to members wishing to attend the conference (2 x $300). Apply for the travel bursary via our form.
Photographer bursary is available which provides a full 2 day registration to the conference. Apply and see the conditions via our photographer bursary form.
Sponsors – Gold
Sponsors – Silver
The conference program is in development but we can already confirm the following:
- “Sing me a Library” – Dr Matt Finch (State Library of Queensland)
- “The new creators & consumers: challenges for music libraries in the 21st century” – Professor Ken Lampl (ANU School of Music)
- “The everlasting faint: Treasure hunting in the public domain” – Peter Miller (Sound designer – Scribbletronics)
- “The forgotten teacher – retaining contemporary musical sketches within a digital artistic world” – Dr. Natalie Williams (ANU School of Music)
- “Ballet on the ABC in its first decade” – Lynne Carmichael (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
- “From content creators to content consumers” – James Lee (Australian Music Centre)
- “A music manuscript tsundoku-ist” – Ruth Williams
- “Preparation for recitals and auditions: Creating, collecting and curating information for tertiary performance students” – Ryan Weymouth (Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University Library)
- National Library and its music collections
- Other Canberra institutions, such as the ANU School of Music and National Film and Sound Archive to be confirmed
Workshop – Getting to know the score
This popular workshop is an essential professional development opportunity for non-specialist library staff dealing with music related requests at public, state and academic libraries. Whether you work at the reference desk, are loaning CDs, need to find sheet music for your clients, want a more musical rhyme time, or are looking for advice on collection development, this workshop will get you up to speed. Attendance at this half-day workshop is included in the day 1 registration.
Banquet style meal including: Breads, Entree, Salads & Pizza, as well as drinks for the table. Cost: $45.00
Conference dinner to be held at the Guild restaurant http://guild.house which is located in the heart of Canberra City, downstairs at Bailey’s Arcade. Next to the Civic bus interchange, across from the Canberra Theatre. Address: LG, Bailey’s Arcade, 150 London Cct, Australia.
September in Canberra is also time for the Floriade flower festival so register for the conference and book your accommodation early. We recommend you make use of accommodation services such as: